*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Want a super yummy and impressive appetizer dish?! These are also a perfect snack for kiddos or a delicious dinner. We like making these and eating them with mashed potatoes for the ultimate comfort meal. 😉 They take a little bit of work but trust me, they are well worth it. Enjoy!
Fried Macaroni and Cheese Bites
- 1 lb Macaroni
- 2 (8 oz) Packages of Sharp Cheddar Cheese Chunk
- 1 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 3 cup Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil (for frying)
- Boil macaroni until tender, drain and set aside.
- Shred your cheese and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add flour and mix until light brown color (make a roux).
- Add 1 cup milk and whisk until thick.
- Add cheese one hand full at a time.
- Mix until cheese is all melted and smooth.
- Add cooked macaroni to pan and mix until well coated.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Transfer to container that will fit in your refrigerator, and refrigerate for 1 hour or until cold.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Form cold macaroni and cheese into 1″ balls and place on prepared pan.
- Place in freezer for 1 hour.
- Beat eggs and add 1/4 cup milk in a bowl to make egg wash.
- Dip balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumbs to coat completely.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 320 or fill skillet 1/2-3/4″ deep and heat over medium high to 320.
- Fry for about 3-4 minutes and drain.