*Get more FRUGAL Articles from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
It’s no secret that creating your own household cleaning solutions can save you lots of money, but how do you make them? Do-it-yourself cleaners are also great because they don’t have the harmful chemicals that store-bought cleaners tend to. As an added bonus, if you make your own cleaning solutions with things you already have on hand, you’re not going to have to worry about running out!
All Purpose Cleaner
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Borax
- Hot water
- a few drops of a mild dish detergent
- about 10 drops of essential oils
- Mix ingredients together in a spray bottle and use to clean any hard surface.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 gallon warm water
- Mix together in your cleaning bucket and use this to clean floors.
Wood Floor Cleaner
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 gallon water
- Dip your mop into the mixture and squeeze until it is almost dry, then mop.
Oven Rack Cleaner
- hot water
- 1/2 cup Dawn dish soap
- 8 dryer sheets
- Soak oven racks in bath tub with hot water, 8 dryer sheets and 1/2 cup Dawn dish soap overnight. You can use the dryer sheets to scrub off any remaining gunk.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Shake well and apply a small amount to a cleaning cloth. Spread over surface and then dry with a separate cloth.
- 1/2 teaspoon mild dish detergent,
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Combine ingredients and pour into a spray bottle. Use just like you would use Windex.
- baking soda
- Combine ingredients to make a paste, apply to the tub, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Wipe off with a wet cloth.
Glass Shower Cleaner
- 1/2 of a lemon
- kosher salt
- Dip the lemon into a bowl of kosher salt and scrub the glass shower walls. Watch the magic!
Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- 2 cups of vinegar
- Pour the vinegar in your toilet and let it sit overnight. Clean with toilet bowl brush and flush.
- baking soda
- Just sprinkle it on your carpet and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Then, vacuum it up.
What’s your best DIY cleaning solution recipe?
Leave a Reply