*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
It’s always so fun making anything with gingerbread during the holidays. I like gingerbread cookies but they are a little bit strong for the kiddos so that’s why this recipe calls for butterscotch pudding. The pudding helps tame down the sharpness of ginger and makes these cookies taste special.
Enjoy…and make a few extra for the kids to decorate, they love doing it!
Gingerbread Man Cookies
- 1 package Butterscotch Pudding (cook and serve)
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 1/2 cup Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Egg Whites
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon and set aside.
- Cream butterscotch pudding mix, butter and brown sugar.
- Add egg and mix.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Cover and chill dough for about an hour until firm.
- Divide mixture in half, place one half Wrapped back in refrigerator.
- Prepare baking sheets with cooking spray or parchment paper.
- Flour work area and rolling pin and roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness.
- Cut out with cookie cutter and remove scraps.
- Transfer cookies to baking sheets using spatula. Leave several inches between cookies.
- Reroll scrap dough and cut remianing cookies.
- Bake in 350 degree oven about 10 minutes (watch for edges to begin to turn lightly brown).
- Leave on cookie sheet for several minutes before moving to cooling rack.
- Combine the egg whites and vanilla and beat until bubbly.
- Add powdered sugar gradually and mix until all sugar is incorporated.
- Beat on high until mixture forms stiff, glossy peaks.
- Transfer icing to pastry bag.
- Pipe the line pattern on cookies.
- Wait at least several hours for icing to set.