*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Looking for a healthy recipe?
Here’s a healthy recipe that is tasty and good for you. This great for a dinner recipe or a perfect recipe for an appetizer or party. I also like making these when I’m having company and need to come up with something unique that most people will love. Even if you’re not a fan of tomatoes, I bet you will still like this because the seasoned pork brings it all together perfectly. Enjoy!
Ground Pork Stuffed Tomatoes
- 6 medium Tomatoes
- 1 lb Lean Ground Pork
- 1 small Red Onion
- 2 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped Bell Peppers (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 beaten Egg
- 2 tsp chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Split tomatoes through center and scoop out centers into a bowl.
- Place hollowed tomatoes into a baking pan and set aside.
- Chop tomato centers.
- Peel and finely dice onion.
- Place a little olive oil in a skillet and begin to cook pork.
- Add diced onion, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook and stir until meat is no longer pink.
- Add bell peppers and diced tomato centers and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add beaten egg and bread crumbs mixing well.
- Fill tomatoes with skillet contents.
- Place tomatoes in oven for 40-45 minutes until tomatoes are tender.