*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
20 Uses for Apple Cider Vinegar (Weight Loss, Acne, Hair, Skin, and MORE!)
Apple Cider Vinegar is extremely beneficial in MANY different ways. I use vinegar almost daily (see my post here for 50 things to do with vinegar) and I drink Apple Cider vinegar daily too.
Every day I drink 2 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with 8 oz of cold water (drink with a straw to protect the enamel on your teeth). You can add a little honey or agave if it’s too strong for you. When I refer to drinking it below, this is the concoction I am referring to.
Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits:
We will call it ACV for short….
- Stomach ache – sip on 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with water. Due to its antibiotic properties it will help kill bad bacteria in your tummy. It may even contain pectin, which will soothe intestinal spasms.
- Prevents Indigestion – Add 1 teaspoon of honey + 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar to warm water and drink 30 minutes before you eat.
- Soothes Sore throat – Mix 1/4 Warm water with 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar every hour.
- Add Shine to hair – It will also clean it and remove build up from hair products and pollution. Fill a cup with 1 cup ACV and 2 cups water. Pour the solution through your hair after shampooing (2-3 times a week)!
- Help regulate blood pressure and reduce bad cholesterol when you drink it regularly.
- Use as a facial toner – Mix 1 part ACV with 2 parts water in a water bottle or jug with lid. Shake it up before you use it and pour some on a cotton swab (use after washing your face) and wipe on skin.
- Weight Loss – Drinking ACV every day (sipping a drink all day) has been said to speed up metabolism and help you lose weight. Nutritionists also believe that combining Vitamin B6 and Lecithin with Apple Cider Vinegar is what helps.
- Helps Body Odor – It helps adjust the skin’s pH level which helps to eliminate odor-causing bacteria. Take a cotton ball filled with ACV and wipe it directly on the part where you can body odor.
- Foot Odor – Add 2/3 cup of ACV to a pan with warm water and soak your feet in it for 20 minutes.
- Bad Breath – Add 1/2 tablespoon ACV into 1 cup of water and gargle every other day.
- Diabetes – helps to control high blood sugar levels.
- Cellulite – Mix 3 parts apple cider vinegar with 1 part Vitamin E oil and massage the into the skin two times a day.
- Yeast Infections –
- Add 1 ½ cups apple cider into a bathtub filled with lukewarm water and then soak in it for about 20 minutes. This is done once a day for 3 days.
- After 3 days of soaking, make a mixture consisting of 1 ½ cups of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar. This time use as a vaginal douche two times a day for 5 days.
- After a few days of douching, start to drink a glass of water mixed with 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar once a day. This can help prevent the occurrence of yeast infections.
- Diarrhea – The pectin in ACV coats the inflamed colon lining. Add 2 tablespoons of ACV vinegar to some water in a large glass – can be taken 3 times a day when you have symptoms.
- Acne: Apple cider kills bacteria, helps balance skin pH, and absorbs excessive oil from our skin. Use 1 part vinegar with 3-4 parts water. Apply to the skin using cotton swab and leave for ten minutes then rinse. Use 2 times every day.
- Age spots: Blend and drain an onion in a bowl, and mix with an equal amount of apple cider. Apply with a cotton swab dipped in the mixture over the spots.
- Cleaning House – Mix ½ cup of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water and you can use it to clean microwaves, bathroom tiles, kitchen surfaces, windows, glasses and mirrors. The mixture also works as a disinfectant.
- Beat the Exhaustion from Working out – When you exercise, lactic acid can build up in the body, causing fatigue. Since ACV has amino acids, it can help reverse this. It also contains potassium and enzymes that can help relieve feeling tired. Try drinking some mixed with water after a workout.
- High cholesterol – A 2006 study showed evidence that vinegar could lower cholesterol
- Hiccups – when you have a spurt of those annoying hiccups, drink some ACV with water.
- Stuffy Nose – Sip some ACV and water. This helps sinus drainage.
- Rich in enzymes & potassium
- Naturally support a healthy immune system
- Helps control weight
- Promotes digestion & pH Balance
- Helps soothe dry throats
- Helps remove body sludge toxins
- Helps maintain healthy skin
- Helps promote youthful, healthy bodies
- Soothes irritated skin
- Relieves muscle pain from exercise
Thanks, MD Health for some tips