*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
I’ve found that making them at home is pretty inexpensive, and quite a bit of fun as well. My kids love to join in on making them, manning the griddle while they brown. What are you going to stuff yours with?
- 1 C corn masa flour (found in the international section of most grocers)
- 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 C lukewarm water
- Mix the flour and salt in a bowl. Slowly add the water, stirring to form a dough.
- Place the dough on a clean work surface sprinkled with a little flour, and knead the dough until smooth. Cut into 8 pieces. Cover the dough with a damp towel.
- Heat a griddle or flat fry pan to 400 degrees F or medium high.
- Take one piece of dough. Form it into a disk and place it on a piece of parchment paper. Cover with another piece and roll out the dough, working out from the center in all directions. When the dough is very thin, peel it from the parchment.
- Place the rolled dough on the griddle or pan. Cook until dry and brown, about 45 seconds. Flip and cook the other side until brown, about another 45 seconds.
- Remove to a plate and repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Top and fill as you like!