*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Cranberry sauce is a staple with Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners so it’s always good to have a yummy recipe on hand. This recipe calls for apples too so it’s kind of like a sweet cranberry apple sauce which is a perfect side for and Turkey or holiday dinner! Plus, this is much tastier than any store bought kind. 😉
Cranberry Apple Sauce
- 4 Red Delicious Apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Cloves
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- In a large sauce pan add Water, lemon juice and sugars.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
- Add cranberries and apple slices.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce hat and simmer for 30 minutes.