Repin this here – so you don’t lose it
Two of my kiddos have very sensitive, dry, itchy skin and I needed a solution! I’ve seriously tried all kinds of things including tons of different brands, creams, lotions, etc and nothing has worked. I decided to turn to my essential oils and came up with a cream that I am in LOVE with! I know exactly what’s in it and it works.
In this cream, you will find coconut oil, shea butter, lavender oil and tea tree oil. Let me explain why each of these ingredients work and why they are good for you.
Shea butter: This is very high in vitamin A, and can help dry skin a TON. It is also very moisturizing. You will want to make sure you use 100% pure shea butter like this one HERE. This will last you awhile!
Coconut oil: Coconut oil is naturally tough and helps keep the skin clean while the medium chain triglycerides are wonderfully moisturizing and protective for the skin. I recommend this one (there are a ton of different kinds but you will want to make sure it is unrefined.
Lavender – I love this one!
Melaleuca (tea tree) essential oil – cleans!
Okay, so here is how you make it:
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 15-18 drops lavender essential oil, therapeutic grade only. You can buy these here.
- 5 drops tea tree essential oil, therapeutic grade only. You can buy these here.
- Mason Jar or Glass Jar – I like these.
*You can easily double this recipe which I recommend doing if you will be using it a lot or on a lot of people.
- Heat water in a pan over the stove but do not bring to a rolling boil
- Add the shea butter AND coconut oil to your mason jar and secure lid
- Right before the water comes to a boil, turn the heat to medium and put the mason jar in the water to melt the butter and oil.
- Once they are melted, take the mason jar out and set it on the counter so the mixture cools down.
- Once it’s cooled down, add the oils (make sure it is not hot, it can be warm but not hot).
- Stir and put mason jar in fridge
- That’s it! You can store it in a cool place (the cabinet works great if it’s not too hot, if you find your cream is melting down, you can store it in the fridge).
TIP – If you want it a “whipped” consistency, just take it out of the fridge and mix it with a hand blender or KitchenAid mixer.
Buy your oils here.
Here are some more Oil posts you may love:
How to Get Started Using Essential Oils (Benefits of EACH Oil from the Starter Kit Explained!)
Be sure to join my Raining Hot Oils GROUP here where I will post recipes, discounts, ideas, tips and more AND you can post your tips AND read other people uses and ideas!
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.
Source and thanks, Kula Mama