I was at the beauty store today and noticed how pricey hair masks were…kind of ridiculous when you can make your own at home with nearly the same ingredients (if not better!). So…check out the AWESOME recipe below for a FRUGAL hair mask that will help your damaged, colored, unhealthy hair become soft, silky and shinier! I seriously LOVE this recipe and feel like it has helped a ton.
In case you didn’t know, my natural hair color is pretty dark and I actually bleach it….more than my hair dresser even wants to. 😉 But, ever since using this mask, my hair seems to hold up MUCH better after a bleach session. Yippee!! 🙂
Delicious Repairing Hair Mask:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk (optional)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (this stuff does wonders and is pretty dang important since it mimmicks our natural oils you lose when dying or bleaching hair!) You can buy it here on Amazon for $7.07 (Reg. $14.99!).
*If you have longer of thicker hair, you can double up the recipe.
What to do:
- First, mash up the banana, egg and avocado (blend together)
- You will then want to add the rest of the ingredients (doing it in this order makes it a lot easier)
- Apply and comb through your hair
- After 25 minutes you will want to blow dry your hair for a few minutes (the heat will really help the moisture penetrate)
- Rinse and wash out with shampoo and then use your conditioner!
*You can do this recipe about 2-3 times a month.
Thanks, She Knows
Lisaanne saysJanuary 3, 2013 at 9:29 pm
I can’t wait to try this!! My daughter has very thin stranded thick hair (if that makes sense) and her hair always seems dry to me even when its wet. Also during the winter I feel I need to wash my hair every day cause it seems dry but I don’t knowing that it will only dry it out more.. So this will be awesome to add some nourishment during the cold, dry winter months!! Thank you for posting this!!
monica serrano saysJanuary 3, 2013 at 11:09 pm
Gonna try this thanks lots
Monique saysJanuary 4, 2013 at 9:48 am
thank you so much for the advice, very useful, I also use another harir mask for my hair, t’s pro naturals moroccan argan oil hair mask which leaves my hair soft, shiny and healthy. 😀