I was at the beauty store today and noticed how pricey hair masks were…kind of ridiculous when you can make your own at home with nearly the same ingredients (if not better!). So…check out the AWESOME recipe below for a FRUGAL hair mask that will help your damaged, colored, unhealthy hair become soft, silky and shinier! I seriously LOVE this recipe and feel like it has helped a ton.
In case you didn’t know, my natural hair color is pretty dark and I actually bleach it….more than my hair dresser even wants to. 😉 But, ever since using this mask, my hair seems to hold up MUCH better after a bleach session. Yippee!!
Delicious Repairing Hair Mask:
- 1 banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp buttermilk (optional)
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil (this stuff does wonders and is pretty dang important since it mimmicks our natural oils you lose when dying or bleaching hair!) You can buy it here on Amazon for $7.07 (Reg. $14.99!).
*If you have longer of thicker hair, you can double up the recipe.
What to do:
- First, mash up the banana, egg and avocado (blend together)
- You will then want to add the rest of the ingredients (doing it in this order makes it a lot easier)
- Apply and comb through your hair
- After 25 minutes you will want to blow dry your hair for a few minutes (the heat will really help the moisture penetrate)
- Rinse and wash out with shampoo and then use your conditioner!
*You can do this recipe about 2-3 times a month.
Thanks, She Knows