*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
I have a super easy Ice Cream Sandwich cake I make myself (you can see the recipe here) and I thought it would taste even better if I made my own ice cream sandwiches for it and that I did! Let me just tell you, this cake tastes a million times better now and is one of my favorite things to make. These ice cream sandwiches as really fun to dress up by adding M&M’s, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc to the sides.
Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 3/4 cup Flour
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 egg
- 1 qt vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat together butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until blended and creamy.
- Add dry ingredients to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread onto prepared pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until top is dry but still soft.
- Allow to cool.
- Carefully remove from pan.
- Use a knife and split sandwich cake in half.
- Take frozen ice cream and remove from carton.
- Using a knife run under warm water, cut into roughly 3/4″ slices.
- Arrange ice cream slices on top of half of sandwich cake to cover it completely.
- Place other half of sandwich cake on top of ice cream.
- Wrap in plastic or parchment and place in freezer for at least 2 hours.
- One ice cream sandwiches are firm, remove and cut into 8 rectangles with a sharp knife.