*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Lemon Flavored Sugar
This is a recipe that can take you through all the seasons- use it to sweeten hot or iced tea, sprinkle on top of Christmas cookies or as a replacement for plain sugar in your favorite recipes. A great, not to mention very inexpensive gift to include in a basket or as a hostess gift. Put a dish of this out on your holiday bar for rimming adult beverages. Place a pretty jar in a basket with a cookbook and nice tea towel for a cute gift idea too!
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 lemon
- Airtight container for storing
- Zest your whole lemon
- Spread lemon zest onto a foil lined baking sheet and bake in a 200 oven until completely dry.
- Allow your lemon zest to cool and then combine in a medium sized bowl with sugar, stir well to distribute evenly.
- Place in an airtight container. Allow lemon to sit in sugar for 2-3 weeks to fully absorb flavors before using.