*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
The pop tarts a re a little bit different than the normal pop tarts out there First of all, these are homemade so they are a lot “healthier” for you and instead of having a sugary frosted top, they are stuffed with nutella! Yummy. 😉 Enjoy…
Homemade Nutella Pop Tarts
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 9 tbsp Nutella
- Cut butter into small cubes.
- Combine flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Work butter into the flour mixture with a pastry cutter.
- Whisk together one egg and milk and add to the flour mixture.
- Knead until ball forms.
- Turn dough out on to floured surface and knead for 1 minute.
- Refrigerate dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Divide in half.
- On floured surface, roll out dough into a 9″ × 12” rectangle.
- Cut into 9 rectangles.
- Repeat with other piece of dough.
- Make an eggwash by beating the remaining egg and brush over entire surface of first 9 rectangles.
- Place a tablespoon of Nutella on top of each egg washed rectangle and spread. Be sure to leave 1/2″ bare around edges.
- Place a rectangle on top of filling and press with fingertips to seal around edges.
- Use the tines of a fork to seal all around.
- Poke top with fork to allow steam to vent.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack.