*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I love anything to do with BBQ…the sauce, the smokiness, the smell and well, all the different recipes and combinations you can come up with to BBQ! What I also really love is that you don’t have to throw things on an actual BBQ to get that flavor…you can actually cook things in the oven and get that same flavor…That’s what we do in this recipe. Check out how below and enjoy…
Honey BBQ Wings
- 2 quarts vegetable shortening, for frying
- 16 chicken wings
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
For the Honey BBQ Sauce:
- 1 cups ketchup
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot, heat vegetable oil to 375 degrees F.
- Line a sheet tray with a parchment paper. Do not use wax paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, cream, 1 tablespoon salt and black pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Place chicken in egg mixture and toss well to coat.
- Place a few pieces of chicken in the flour mixture and coat well.
- When oil reaches 375 degrees F, add chicken a few pieces at a time. Fry until cooked through about 13 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt then immediately toss in the Honey BBQ sauce (See recipe below)
- Places on parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, bring the ingredients for the Honey BBQ Sauce to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook until sauce until sugar has melted.
- Smother those wings! 😉