How To Keep Cool This Summer
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
How To Keep Cool This Summer:
Summer is in full swing and does it ever get hot outside! When we hit mid summer and the temperatures start rising, we have to start getting creative to beat the heat! Now some may have a pool or a backyard full of shade, but what do you do if you don’t? I know personally living in an apartment or condo, it can get hot and stuffy and sometimes even unbearable. Luckily, with a creative attitude and some DIY-ing you can keep cool this summer! Check out the tips below:
- Stick with loose fitting clothes. This will not only keep you cooler it will make you way more comfortable.
- Keep a spray bottle full of ice water in the fridge. When you feel yourself getting over hot, turn the sprayer into your own personal mister.
- Store moisturizers and lotions in the fridge over the summer months. Not only will help it to stay together, when you apply it to your face and body it will be refreshingly cool.
- Drinking cold water and chewing minty gum is a quick trick to keep you cool. The reaction of the two will give you an instant cooling effect.
- Create a cute paper fan to keep you cool this summer. Make a few to have in your purse and around the house or use them as party favors at your next summer BBQ.
- DIY your own air conditioner. Place a frozen bottle of water directly in front of your fan. This will blow out extra chilly air and keep you from overheating. Make sure to sit close to get the full effect.
- Create and freeze your own popsicles. The best part of making your own is you can put pretty much anything you want in them and all you need is a popsicle mold to enjoy a chilly snack.
- A frozen ice pack in your pillow can help you keep cool while sleeping in the summer heat. Just make sure to have a towel in between the pack and the pillow.
- Did you know that eating spicy food can actually cool you down? It sounds crazy, but it definitely works. Spicy foods make you sweat, which in turn helps you cool down faster.
- Water fight! That’s right, one of the best ways to keep cool is to head to an open space and have a full on water fight. It will not only get you moving, it will keep you cool while you’re having fun.