How To Make Your Razor Last Longer
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
REPIN it here!
How To Extend The Life Of Your Razor
Whether you use a disposable or a razor with removable heads, the blades only last for so long. Most throw them away or change them out when they start to get dull, but that doesn’t always have to be the case! There are a few different methods and ideas for making one razor last longer and stay sharper. Check out the list below:
- Keep It Clean: Keeping residue from building up in the blades is the best way to extend the life. Make sure to rinse your razor after every use.
- Dry & Store: Take the extra step of drying your razor off (a blow dryer works) to keep it in the best shape. It is also advisable to store your razor outside the shower to avoid rust.
- Baby Oil: Prior to shaving rub some baby oil on your razor. This will help it last longer and if you shave with baby oil as well you’ll get a super close shave
- Condition: One of the best items to shave with is conditioner. Not only is it great for your skin, your razor doesn’t have to work nearly as hard which will save the blades overall!
- Sharpen: A good way to keep your razor sharp is to grab an old pair of jeans and sharpen. Run the razor the length of the jeans one way for 15 strides, then do the same in the other direction. This will sharpen the razor and can be done whenever it’s feeling dull. *We do this one all the time and it really works!*