It’s Recipe Wednesday!
Please feel free to send me your recipes (and links or the coupons you used) and if your recipe is chosen, you will get a $5 gift card! Send recipes to sarah@raininghotcoupons(DOT)com
Plus, don’t forget to “PIN” this by clicking Pin it in red below….
This recipe was submitted by Tessie! Thank you, I am now craving this YUMMY looking recipe! Mmmmm….
1-1 1/2 lbs-chicken, white meat, any cut would work. I use the boneless, skinless chicken breast in the bag and I use 2 or 3 larger pieces. Seems to be cheaper than the meat department packs.
1-10 oz can enchilada sauce.
10- burrito size tortillas
- Chop up the onion and add to chicken in a pot of water.
- Boil the chicken until cooked thoroughly. Then chop up into small pieces, almost string like. You can also use a food processor as I do.
- In a bowl combine the chicken and sour cream.
- Sprinkle in a little cheese.
- Then, put the chicken in the tortillas and roll up. You should have enough chicken to make 8-10 enchiladas.
- Line the enchiladas up in a cooking dish. (Good idea to line the dish with foil to make for easy clean-up)
- Then, pour the enchilada sauce over the burritos and top with cheese (lots in our case).
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350. Just long enough to let the cheese melt and the enchiladas to get good and hot.
Sabrina saysFebruary 15, 2012 at 4:37 pm
Another way we do enchildas at our house is to cook the chicken until it shreds in the crokpot with 1/2 can of enchlada sause for flavor and 1/2 can of water to keep it moist! =) (usually 5-6 hrs on low)
Adrienne saysFebruary 15, 2012 at 4:38 pm
We had this for dinner last night!!! Tonight we are having pull apart pizza!!!!
Christina Karr saysFebruary 15, 2012 at 4:56 pm
Im going to try this gluten free version tomorrow 🙂
Hannah saysFebruary 15, 2012 at 5:53 pm
Using an equal mixture of Cream of Chicken, Shredded Cheese, and Salsa (plus chili powder to taste) in and on these makes for a super creamy version!
NICHOLE saysFebruary 15, 2012 at 9:53 pm
I ALWAYS MAKE CHICKEN ENCHILADAS BUT I ALWAYS USE LEFT OVER CHICKEN FORM THE NIGHT BEFORE. HERE IS WHAT I DO, WHEN THERE IS A GOOD PRICE ON WHOLE CHICKENS I BUY ONE ROAST IT IN THE OVEN OR ROASTER HAVE IT FOR DINNER THEN THE FOLLOWING NIGHT I USE THE LEFT OVERS FOR ENCHILADAS. ITS A GREAT WAY TO MAKE TWO MEALS FROM A $5 CHICKEN 🙂