It’s Recipe Wednesday!
If you’d like more info on what Recipe Wednesday is and how you can win a gift card by being a part of it, you can go here. I need more recipes!! =) Please send me more!
This recipe was submitted by Tessie! Thank you, I am now craving this YUMMY looking recipe! Mmmmm….
1-1 1/2 lbs-chicken, white meat, any cut would work. I use the boneless, skinless chicken breast in the bag and I use 2 or 3 larger pieces. Seems to be cheaper than the meat department packs.
1-10 oz can enchilada sauce.
10- burrito size tortillas
-Use $1/2 Friendship Cottage Cheese or Sour Cream 4/17 SS
-Use $1/2 Market Pantry Shredded or Block Cheese Target printable
- Chop up the onion and add to chicken in a pot of water.
- Boil the chicken until cooked thoroughly. Then chop up into small pieces, almost string like. You can also use a food processor as I do.
- In a bowl combine the chicken and sour cream.
- Sprinkle in a little cheese.
- Then, put the chicken in the tortillas and roll up. You should have enough chicken to make 8-10 enchiladas.
- Line the enchiladas up in a cooking dish. (Good idea to line the dish with foil to make for easy clean-up)
- Then, pour the enchilada sauce over the burritos and top with cheese (lots in our case).
- Bake about 15 minutes at 350. Just long enough to let the cheese melt and the enchiladas to get good and hot.