*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Calling all you Key Lime fans out there! This key lime cupcake recipe tastes like sweet limes with a creamy, lime frosting. This is a fun recipe to make for a bake sale, with the kids, etc. Enjoy!
Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- +box ingredients
- 1/2 cup Lime Juice
- 1 cup Butter
- 6 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Lime Zest
- 1 drop Green Food Coloring
- Make batter according to box EXCEPT replace 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup lime juice.
- Fill liners about 1/2 full.
- Bake 16-18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely on wire rack.
- Cream butter in a large bowl.
- Add lime juice and food coloring.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time and beat until incorporated.
- Add lime zest and whip until distributed.
- Transfer to piping bag to frost cupcakes.