*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I like limes but I’m not a huge fan….with that being said, this is one of my favorite pie recipes! This key lime pie is the real deal and has the best lime flavor. I use lime zest which makes it sweet and delicious. Just make sure when you are getting your lime zest, you don’t go down too far into the white or it can be bitter. Enjoy!
Key Lime Pie
1/3 lb crushed Graham Crackers
5 tbsp melted Butter
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Egg Yolks
2 tsp Lime Zest
14 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk
2/3 cup Lime Juice
1 cup Heavy Cream
1 tbsp Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter a 9″ pie pan.
- Process graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in food processor until combined.
- Press mixture into bottom and sides of prepared pan.
- Bake 8 minutes or until set.
- Set aside to cool.
- Whip egg yolks and lime zest until fluffy.
- Slowly add in condensed milk while continuing to beat.
- Beat until thick and fully incorporated.
- Add lime juice and beat at low speed just until combined.
- Pour into crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until filling sets.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Freeze for 15 minutes before serving.
- Whip cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Garnish pie with whipped cream before serving.