*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Calling all you Kit Kat and brownie lovers out there! Below is a delicious and unique recipe for homemade Kit Kat brownies. These brownies are not from a box and will be filled with Kit Kats! That’s right, they are not just on the top like most recipes. Enjoy this decadent and popular recipe.
Kit Kat Brownies
This recipe will yield a 9 x 13 pan of brownies.
- 6 ounces of Hershey’s unsweetened chocolate baking bar (or 6 squares baking chocolate)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (1 stick), softened
- 2 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 Kit Kat King Size Bars (I found these at Walgreens)
- 6 eggs at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch pan (or you can use Baker’s Joy as a substitute).
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in a double boiler (or microwave). Set aside to cool.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, add the eggs, sugar and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
5. Slowly, fold in the cooled chocolate mixture with a silicone or rubber spatula.
6. Lastly, fold in the 2 cups of flour.
7. Pour half of the brownie mixture into the greased and floured pan.
8. Place the kit kat pieces on top of the mixture in the pan.
9. Pour the remaining brownie mixture on top of the kit kat layer.
10. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (rotate half-way through) or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not bake past 40 minutes. If you insert a toothpick and it comes out wet, it could possibly be the melted kit kat inside (not an indication of brownie doneness).
12. Let cool for at least 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
Adapted from here