*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Spring time always makes me want to grill, and the warmer weather also alerts me to the fact that days of tank tops, sundresses and (eek!) bathing suits are coming. Which brings me directly to… salad. 😉
|Mandarin and Almond Shrimp Salad Recipe|
- 16 large raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 1 c sesame ginger dressing (See below about Newman’s Own)
- 1 head romaine, cut up
- 1 15 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 c sliced red pepper
- 1/2 c sugar snap peas
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 c cucumber, sliced
- Skewer shrimp and marinate in 1/3 c dressing for 30 minutes or more in a large shallow dish in refrigerator.
- Remove shrimp, discard dressing.
- Grill shrimp 4-5 minutes each side, turning once.
- Toss lettuce with 1/3 c dressing. Arrange salad, veggies, and almonds on individual plates, and lay shrimp skewer across each one.
- Drizzle shrimp with remaining 1/3 c dressing.