*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Calling all you Margarita fans out there! You will love these delicious Margarita Cupcakes! The cupcake and frosting is full of flavor and perfect for any margarita fan out there. Enjoy!
For the Cupcakes:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
Zest and juice of 1½ limes
2 tablespoons tequila
¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup whole milk
To Brush the Cupcakes
1 to 2 tablespoons tequila
For the Tequila-Lime Frosting
1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2¾ cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lime juice
Pinch of coarse salt
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Line a your muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt
3. In an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat the butter and sugar together until pale, light, and fluffy for unto 5 minutes
4. Reduce the mixer speed to medium and add the eggs one at at time, mixing thoroughly after each one
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the lime zest, lime juice, vanilla extract and tequila. Mix until combined
6. Reduce the mixer speed low. Add the dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the milk in two batches.
7. Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until just slightly golden and a skewer shows only moist crumbs attached, rotating the pan at the halfway point.
8. Allow cupcakes to cool for 5 to 10 minutes
9. Brush the tops of the cupcakes with the 1 to 2 tablespoons of tequila.
10. Let the cupcakes sit aside to cool completely before frosting them.
To make the frosting
1. Whip the butter on medium-high speed of an electric mixer using the whisk attachment for 5 minutes. Reduce the speed to medium-low, and gradually add the powdered sugar, mixing and scraping the sides of the bowl until all is incorporated.
2. Give it a mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
3. Add the lime juice, tequila and salt mix on medium-high speed until incorporated and fluffy. If the frosting appears a bit too soft, add some additional sugar, one spoonful at a time until desired consistency is reached.
4. Frost cupcakes and garnish, if desired, with lime zest, an additional sprinkling of salt and a lime wedge.
Thanks for the recipe, Brown Eyed Baker