*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I love making random Christmas and holiday recipes that are simple and look cute! That’s exactly what this next recipe is. These meringue Christmas trees only take a dew ingredients to whip up and not a lot of time! These are sweet and if you’ve never had meringue, it kinda melts in your mouth! Yummy! Enjoy this fun treat…
Meringue Christmas Trees
(Yield about 20 trees)
- 4 Egg Whites (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Green Food Coloring
- Sprinkle Star Decorations
- Place parchment paper on 2 cookie sheets.
- Preheat oven to 200.
- Whip egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time while whipping on high (scrape down sides periodically).
- Add in food coloring and cream of tartar and whip until blended.
- Use a large star tip and transfer mixture to piping bag.
- Pipe in a circular motion making smaller circles as you go upward (like soft serve ice cream).
- Bake meringues for 2 hours.
- Turn off oven and leave meringues in with door slightly open for 1 more hour.
- Make a “glue” to attach the stars to the tops by mixing 1/4 cup powdered sugar with several drops of water and mixing well.
- Gently dab this on with a toothpick and press star in place.