*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
This recipe calls major comfort food for me! There is just something special about ice cream and warm apples with cinnamon and sugar. The topping is so important and it’s actually quite was to make. The way you get the crispy top is by using chunks of butter (do not melt it) and “cut” the pieces you are using. Be sure to not mash them up too much because it’s what makes the crumbly top (my favorite part)! Enjoy…
Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
- 6 Apples
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 cup uncooked Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter, cold
- Peel, core and slice apples.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Layer apples into baking dish.
- Mix together flour, brown sugar, oats and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add in vanilla and cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork.
- Work until mixture forms large crumbs.
- Sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until topping is browned and apples are soft.