*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
This next Picadillo Recipe is a super delicious Cuban recipe! It’s called “Picadillo” but I make it with ground turkey. You could always use ground beef or shredded beef which is just as tasty! It’s great to serve with rice (I always make my rice with a little coconut oil) 😉 or you could even put it in tacos! Thanks MOM for this recipe!
This is pretty healthy too since the ingredients are mostly veggies and turkey. You’ve got bell peppers, garlic (which is very good for you), onion, turkey, raisins, olives and tomato sauce. YUM!
Another tip I have, serve some cut up bananas on the side. It gives you that sweet and salty taste.
- 3-4 pounds ground turkey or ground beef or shredded beef
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic bulb (about 10 cloves)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 small jar of green olives
- coconut or olive oil
- 3 (15 oz) cans of Hunts Tomato Sauce (I highly recommend only using the brand Hunts for this recipe)
- Seasoning - Season salt, cumin and lemon pepper
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- Cut onion and bell peppers into slices
- Mince garlic and combine with veggies in a bowl
- Brown and season turkey in a little olive oil and coconut oil until almost cooked all the way (not fully cooked) - Season meat with season salt, cumin, lemon pepper and lemon juice while cooking
- Put the meat in a strainer when 80% cooked and let sit in strainer in sink while you use the same pan to saute and cook veggies.
- Poor a little olive oil in the same pan you cooked meat in and cook veggies on medium heat until they begin to get soft. (You may need to add a little water and tomato sauce if they need some liquid so the garlic doesn't burn).
- When the veggies are almost done, then add rasins, green olives (and olive juice!!) and the remaining tomato sauce cans and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Then add the turkey (or meat) back into the pan and stir it all together until combined.
- Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with rice or as tacos and enjoy! Bananas on the side are great too!