*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
As most of you know, I love creating holiday themed desserts and treats and these Pretzel Easter chicks are perfect for Easter! They are quick to make and the kiddos love them. I also like making a large batch and putting them in ziploc bags for the kid’s lunches. It’s a super quick snack that they love to eat and they taste great too. Enjoy…
(Print Recipe Below)
- 24 Mini Pretzels
- 1 cup Yellow Candy Melting Chips
- 24 Mini Chocolate Chips
- 2 Orange Starbursts
- Cut Starburst into 3 rectangular strips (1/4″ x 3/4″)
- Cut each of those in half, creating 6 – 1/4″ x 3/8″ rectangles.
- Now cut each of those diagonally creating 12 triangles for beaks.
- Repeat with other Starburst, giving 24 beaks.
- Lay pretzels out on wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Heat Yellow Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer chocolate to corner of zippered bag and clip tiny piece off of corner to pipe.
- Pipe candy over insde of pretzel to form shape of chick. Smooth with finger if necessary.
- Place mini chocolate chips for eyes and Starburst triangles for beaks.
- Place cookie sheet in refrigerator for 20 minutes to allow candy to set.