*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
Pumpkin pie is a tradition for many families on Thanksgiving, and even on Christmas. But who says it needs to be relegated to just one or two days a year? Making a pumpkin pie is simple, and is a great way to get some of those tasty fruit things in our family.
In an earlier post, we showed you how to roast your own pumpkins easily. Check out how here. We also had a very easy post for pie crust here. This pie recipe only makes one pie, so cut the ingredients of the pie crust in half for a single crust. Once you have those two things, you are good to go with the rest of this!
- 1 pie crust (see link above)
- 3 eggs
- 2 C Pumpkin puree (or 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin)
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/2 C dark brown sugar (this will also work with light brown sugar, but is better with the dark)
- 1/2 t ground ginger
- 3/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/2 t ground allspice
- 1/2 t salt
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl or mixer, beat the eggs until slightly foamy. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into your prepared crust. Bake 50-55 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool and serve.
- This pie does need to be refrigerated, as it is a "custard" style pie.
With a recipe this easy, you can enjoy pumpkin pie year round!