*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
These rainbow poke cupcakes are full of flavor (literally!). You see, since they are called poke cupcakes, you will be poking them and pouring lime gelatin over the holes with will make them a fun green and a tasty flavor. The little ones love poking these and it’s an easy job to let them help out in the kitchen. These make great snacks and would be perfect for a party. Enjoy…
Rainbow Poke Cupcakes
(Print recipe below)
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 cup Water
- 1/3 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 3 oz Lime Gelatin
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- AirHeads Extremes
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- Green Food Coloring
- Make cupcakes according to box directions
- After baking move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Poke holes in each cupcake
- Mix Jello and boiling water stir until dissolved.
- Add 1/2 cup cold water and pour over cupcakes.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter.
- Beat in the milk mixing until fluffy.
- Transfer 1/4 of the icing to the corner of medium size zipper bag, try to minimize trapped air and close. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe. Set aside.
- Add several drops of green food coloring to remaining icing and mix until color is blended.
- Transfer icing to the corner of large size zipper bag. Clip a small piece off the corner to pipe.
- Cut each strip of the airheads into 2 1/2 – 3 inch lengths.
- Ice the top of each cupcake with green icing.
- Pipe a white cloud on each side of the green and insert the airheads strip between them to make a rainbow.