It’s Recipe Wednesday!
Guess what?! It’s Recipe Wednesday and I almost forgot!!! I’m not sure how this happened because this is one of my favorite recipe ideas I’ve received so have fun with it.
If you’d like more info on what Recipe Wednesday is and how you can win a gift card by being a part of it, you can go here. I need more recipes!! =) Please send me more but remember, to please follow the rules.
This recipe was submitted by Dawn! Thank you so much, I cannot tell you how YUMMY these things look! I also love all the coupons available for this recipe. Below is the way Dawn makes it in her own words (thanks again!)….
“French Toast Muffins”
1 cup milk
½ cup butter melted *Save $1 on any 2 packages of Land O’ Lakes Spreadable Butter products 2/6 SS
1 egg *Save $1 on any 2 packages of Land O’ Lakes Eggs 2/6 SS
1 teaspoon maple extract *Save $1 off any 1 McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Color 3/13 RP
1 teaspoon vanilla *Save $1 off any 1 McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Color 3/13 RP
2 cups flour
¾ cups packed brown sugar *40¢ Off Any Domino Sugar Product 2lbs. or Larger 1/40 found here
2 teaspoons baking powder *Save 30¢ on any 16 oz Argo Corn Starch or 12 oz Baking Powder Baking Soda 12/5 SS
½ teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon *Save $1 off any 1 McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Color 3/13 RP
French Toast topping
3 tablespoons milk
1 egg beaten *Free Egg beaters – Walmart (No longer available)
6 slices of cinnamon bread *Save $1 on any 2 packages of Pepperidge Farm Bread or Bagels 2/13 SS
Cinnamon *Save $1 off any 1 McCormick Spice, Herb, Extract or Food Color 3/13 RP
Sugar *Save 40¢ Off Any Domino Sugar Product 2lbs. or Larger found here
Ingredients (pictured above) Although these may not be the items that have a coupon. These are the items I had on hand.
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Take 6 – 9 slices of cinnamon bread, crust cut off and cut into cubes.
2) Combine 3 tablespoons of milk and 1 egg beaten. Pour over cubed bread. (if bread doesn’t look “wet” enough feel free to add more milk/egg mixture.) Sit aside.
(*I always put the crust in a zip lock and put it in the freezer to take to the park to feed the ducks instead of throwing it away)
3) Combine milk, butter, egg, maple, & vanilla flavoring in another bowl.
4) Combine 2 cups flour, ¾ cups packed brown sugar, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt & 3 teaspoons cinnamon in another bowl. Pour liquid mixture over flour mixture.
5) Spoon batter into muffin pans
6) Spoon French toast topping evenly over batter; press slightly.
7) Bake at 375 degrees for 20 – 25 mins or until toothpick comes out clean.
Once muffins are finished…
Immediately pour syrup over top muffins. Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over glazed muffins.
Place on plate and serve. I like to add just a little bit more syrup. Yummmmy!!!
Dawns family enjoying them:
“Here are girls and my nephew getting ready to enjoy our HOT French Toast Muffins! As you can see my 2yr old just couldn’t wait! LOL! Nor would she stop eating so I could take another picture!” – Dawn