*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
We love making our own homemade tortillas because they not only taste much better but they are also much better for you. These are great for dinners, snacks, quesadillas, or even dessert. We like heating them up and adding butter, cinnamon and sugar for a sweet treat. We also use these for fajitas and breakfast burritos. You can use them for anything you’d like but once you start making them yourself, you won’t ever want to buy them again. Enjoy!
Homemade Flour Tortillas
- 3 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Warm Water
- Using a stand mixer, whisk dry ingredients until combined.
- Add water and oil and mix, scraping down the sides as needed until ball forms.
- Mix for two more minutes until dough is smooth.
- Turn out onto floured work surface and divide into 16 pieces and roll each into a ball.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat.
- Roll out each ball into a 6″ circle.
- Cook each tortilla on first side for about a minute, until brown spots form, then flip and cook other side for about 20 seconds.
- Stack cooked tortillas and wrap in a clean towel to cool.
- If not being used immediately, store in a zip lock bag.