*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
I had the most amazing coconut cream pie when I was in Hawaii and I wanted to try and replicate this creamy, sweet dessert…I’m pretty confident I did. What I love about this pie is that it is sweet but not too sweet and you can taste coconut but not too much coconut. I definitely recommend this dessert if you want to impress your guests or are just looking for a light and creamy, delicious dessert. Enjoy!
Coconut Cream Pie
- 1 Refrigerated Pie Crust (or homemade if you prefer)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/3 cup Cornstarch
- 3 cup Half & Half
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup Sweetened Shredded Coconut
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Coconut Extract
- 1/4 cup Toasted Coconut
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Press pie crust into a 9″ pie pan and bake on lower rack for 10-15 minutes (until crust is browned).
- Allow to cool completely.
- Spread 1/4 cup of coconut onto baking sheet and bake until golden brown.
- Set toasted coconut aside for topping.
- Combine sugar cornstarch, egg, egg yolks and half & half in a pan.
- Whisk together and bring to a boil over medium.
- Allow to boil for 1-2 minutes and remove from heat.
- Stir in coconut and vanilla.
- Pour into pie crust and chill until firm.
- Whip heavy cream at high speed.
- Slowly add sugar, vanilla and coconut extract.
- Beat until stiff peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.