*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
REPIN it here!
If you are a soup lover then I have just the recipe for you! This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar soup is one of my most favorite soups ever and this recipe copies it perfectly! Enjoy this creamy and hearty comfort soup all year long but especially now with the cooler weather.
Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1/2 chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup melted Butter
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 2 cup Half and Half
- 2 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 large bunches Broccoli
- 2 Carrots
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 8 oz shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cut carrots into small strips.
- Break apart broccoli florets into small pieces.
- Saute Onion in 1 tbsp of melted butter until transparent.
- Make a roux using remainder of melted butter and flour. Cook about 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Add in half and half stirring constantly.
- Add in chicken stock and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables and cook for 25 minutes over low heat.
- If you want a smooth soup, at this point puree in a blender and return to heat or use immersion blender.
- Add cheese and nutmeg.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read our Disclosure Policy.