*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
Spring is around the corner, which means it’s roasted spring asparagus time! I found some tiny pencil thin asparagus at the local supermarket and I had to celebrate. I couldn’t resist having the first asparagus of the season. I love it tender-crisp, either grilled or roasted in the oven, with some simple seasonings.
If you’ve never prepared asparagus before, make sure you clean it well. The little triangle shaped leaves can trap dirt as the spears grow out of sandy soil. Don’t let that make you not try it though! Just a simple soak removes the sand, leaving behind a tasty spring treat!
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 T olive oil
- salt and pepper
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- zest of 1/2 lemon
- Snap off the cut ends of the asparagus and let soak in a bowl of cold water to rinse out any sand.
- Lift out of the water, leaving any sand behind and let drain.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place asparagus on a baking sheet. Pour the oil over the asparagus and toss. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes, until the asparagus is tender.
- Remove to a serving plate and sprinkle with the lemon zest and juice. Serve warm.