*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Yummy! Aren’t these Rudolph Donuts super cute?! I love making holiday themed desserts for the little ones during this time of the year. What I love about these donuts is they don’t have to be perfect and they still turn out cute which is perfect so the kids can help make them. You can buy the donut pan here on Amazon!
Rudolph Baked Donuts
INGREDIENTS (yields 12)
- 2 cup Flour
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Lemon juice or White Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 2 tbsp melted Butter
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts
- White icing (Mouth):
- 1/4 cup White Candy Melts
- 24 Candy eyes
- 24 Pretzels
- 12 Red Gum Drops
- Add lemon juice to milk (buttermilk substitute).
- Preheat oven to 425
- Spray Donut pan
- Combine dry donut ingredients in large bowl.
- Add milk, eggs and butter.
- Stir just until well mixed.
- Fill each ring about to top. Make sure it tops center hole.
- Bake about 8 minutes, until tops rebound when pressed.
- Leave donut in pan for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and set on cooling rack.
- Heat Dark Cocoa Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted. Allow to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Dip top of donut in chocolate glaze.
- Hold above bowl allowing excess to drip off.
- Place donut on wax paper or return to cooling rack. Make sure to leave space between each to allow room for antlers.
- Using a skewer, poke a starter hole to insert pretzels.
- Dip end of pretzel in melted chocolate before inserting to “glue” in place.
- Place gum drop for nose and candy eyes.
- Wait for glaze to set.
- Heat White Candy Chips by microwaving for 30 seconds stirring and repeating until melted.
- Transfer to corner of zipper bag and clip very tip for piping.
- Pipe a mouth on each