*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
You really can’t go wrong with a Caramel dip recipe right?! This Caramel Dip/Spread is perfect for apples, crackers (for a sweet and salty flavor) or anything else you want to make more delicious! 😉 Enjoy!
Salted Caramel Dip
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Place cream cheese in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Slice frozen cream cheese to make two layers and return to freezer.
- Line bottom of a loaf pan with parchment paper and spray the paper with non-stick spray.
- Cut up butter into slices and combine with cream and microwave 1-2 minutes until butter is melted.
- In the medium to large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup, and water.
- Stir just until the sugar is moistened and uniform, being careful not to splash sugar on sides.
- Heat over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cover with a lid for 1 minute (this helps wash any sugar on sides back in).
- Remove lid and do not stir the after this point.
- Place the pot with the sugar mixture over medium to medium-high heat.
- Let the sugar syrup come to a boil without stirring.
- Cook until mixture reaches 320, the syrup will begin to darken slightly.
- Turn off the heat and slowly add the warm cream and butter mixture a little at a time while gently whisking (will bubble violently).
- Turn burner back on to medium-high.
- Let the caramel come to a boil and reach 240 without stirring.
- Remove from heat add sea salt and whisk until mixture cools to 150.
- Place one layer of frozen cream cheese in center of pan.
- Pour caramel to completely coat layer.
- Place second layer on top of first and poor caramel to coat top layer.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts, if desired.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to quickly cool caramel then transfer to refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Transfer to platter before serving.