*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Pin it below:
Follow me on Pinterest!
This next tip is a great way to clean a smelly old sponge and a perfect way to clean your microwave at the same time!
- Get the sponge completely wet with water
- Place in microwave for 1 minute
- You can then put on some gloves and use the sponge to wipe out any old food that’s stuck in your microwave (be careful, the sponge will be super HOT).
- After this, rinse the sponge (and if your microwave was really dirty, you may want to sanitize your sponge one more time) 😉
- That’s it! You can do this a couple times until the sponge starts to deteriorate.
Tip – if you don’t feel comfortable re-using the sponge after a few times then you coud start using that same sponge to clean your bathrooms (just be sure to place it under the sink in a special spot so someone doesn’t re-use it in the kitchen). 😕