*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Are these not the most adorable Easter Cupcakes ever?! What I love about them is that they are super easy to make and the kiddos love them. These are also perfect for Bake sales and will definitely sell. 😉 You also only need a few ingredients to put them together. Enjoy and definitely let the little ones help with this recipe.
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 2 tbsp Milk
- 4 cup Powdered Sugar
- 6 oz Dark Chocolate Chips or Wafers
- 2 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Melt chocolate in microwave by heating for 30 seconds then stirring and repeating process until it is melted and smooth.
- Stir in corn syrup until well mixed. Mixture will be grainy.
- Pour onto plastic wrap and allow to set for several hours (until firm).
- Break off small pieces of the candy clay mixture and knead to soften.
- Form each into a flattened cube 3/4″ x 3/4″ x 1/4″ tall.
- To each of these we will attach ears at the top and using a toothpick we will carve in the mouth and nostril area.
- Also place candy eyes and press in place.
- Allow the heads to set for 30 minutes.
- Store remaining candy clay by sealing in zippered bag and refrigerating.
- Bake cupcakes according to box directions.
- Allow to cool.
- Cream butter and vanilla in a large bowl
- Slowly add in the powdered sugar, and milk as needed, until everything is incorporated and frosting is right consistency.
- Beat for 5 minutes to make sure it is fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes then decorate tops with sheep heads and mini marshmallow to represent wool.