*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
I love making this with turkey sausage, although you can mix up any of the filling ingredients. Just pour the same egg mixture over them and you are all set!
- 1 9" pie crust (either homemade or store purchased)
- 1 lb sausage
- 6 oz mushrooms
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 C half n half
- 1/2 t onion salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare the pie crust in a 9" pie pan.
- Brown the sausage and mushrooms. Layer in the pie crust.
- Top with the cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, half n half, salt and pepper. Pour over the meat mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes in 425 degree F oven. Reduce heat to 300 degrees F and bake another 30 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Serve with fruit , if desired.