*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
The dough is a little wetter than most, but the cookies bake up sublime.
- 1/4 C sugar
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C shortening (I love butter flavored in these)
- 1 egg
- 2 t vanilla
- 1/4 C sour cream
- 3/4 C pumpkin puree
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t baking soda
- 1 1/4 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 1/4 t ground ginger
- 1/8 t ground cloves
- 1 3/4 C flour
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the sugars and butter in a large bowl or mixer. Add egg, vanilla, sour cream, and pumpkin and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Add to the pumpkin mix, a little at a time, until well incorporated.
- Drop by tablespoons onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 15-17 minutes until lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Let cool slightly, then remove to paper toweling or waxed paper.
- Frost with your favorite frosting.
I frosted these with a cream cheese buttercream, and sprinkled pumpkin pie spice over the tops. They didn’t last long in my house!