*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
As most of you know, I have a fetish for ice cream (We like to make it homemade) like my No Churn Blackberry Ice Cream and my Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream and my Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream! So I had to come up with a homemade sauce to top them with. I personally love strawberry so I came up with a homemade strawberry sauce.
I really love that you can use this sauce for so many different things. I like to use it on my ice cream of course or most other desserts. My hubby likes to put it on his cheesecake (and it’s delicious!). Enjoy!
- 1 lb Strawberries
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Lemon
- Wash, hull and slice strawberries.
- Put strawberries, sugar, 1/2 tsp lemon zest and the juice of the lemon in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer contents to a glass container and refrigerate before using.