The kiddos need something to do all Summer long….rather than sitting their bedroom vegged (is that a word?) out on the Xbox. 😉 With that being said, below is a HUGE list of tons of different Summer activities you can do with the kiddos all Summer long. Some are FREE and some are very inexpensive.
*At the very bottom you will see a list of simple things you can do too that you may not have thought of. Sometimes it’s easy to get distracted and forget about things like running through the sprinklers, camping in the backyard, etc). Bookmark this page or PIN it on Pinterest so you can easily reference it for ideas all Summer long. 😉
Enjoy and have fun…
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Pin it below:
Follow me on Pinterest!
Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse: You can watch 10 movies for just $5 (making each ticket only $0.50!).
Classic Cinemas: June 12th through August 7th, you can see G and PG rated films for just $1.00
Marquee Cinemas: Enjoy a FREE family film every week during the summer!
Regal’s Summer Movie Express: Starts on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 10 a.m.for 9 weeks total. Tickets are $1.00.
AMF: FREE bowling for kids 15 and under. The kiddos can bowl 2 games a day, every day (until 8pm).
Kids Bowl Free: 2 FREE games of bowling per day.
Kids Skate Free: Kids 12 and under can skate for FREE this summer at participating Kids Skate FREE Rinks.
Make a Balloon Wreath! What a fun thing for the kiddos (and perfect for a Birthday party).
Barnes & Noble: FREE Kid’s Book, Summer Reading Kit and More! Read 8 books and record them in the Reading Journal to get a FREE book!
Scholastic Summer Challenge: FREE prizes for logging your minutes!
Sylvan Learning Book Adventure: Earn cool prizes and read books online.
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day in the months of June and July. (Grown-ups may read aloud to kids who are still learning.)
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you’ve read 300 minutes, turn in your completed log to earn HPB Bookworm Bucks for each month.
- Read 10 books this summer.
- Print out the Summer Reading Form (343K PDF)
- Write down the names of the books they’ve read
- Take the form to the nearest TD Bank
- Receive $10 in a new or existing Young Saver account
Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge: Kid’s will receive a prize when they finish reading all the books on the list.
- Download and print out the calendar
- Mark the days off with a pen or sticker as your child accomplishes their goals
- Bring in the completed calendars to Chuck E. Cheese’s and receive 10 free tokens as a reward
Home Depot: Home Depot is always offering up FREE workshops! The kiddos get to create something and take it home with them.
Lowe’s: Just like Home Depot, Lowe’s offers FREE workshops for the kids to build and make projects.
Apple Camp and Apple Youth Workshops for Families: At Apple Camp, kids ages 8–12 will learn the ins and outs of iMovie and how to make their own films. The free three-day session, held at the Apple Store, leads up to an Apple Camp Film Festival where campers debut their masterpieces.
Microsoft YouthSpark Summer Camps: The 2013 YouthSpark Summer Camps are first come, first serve. Don’t wait to register your child for one of these five hands-on camps.
American Girl In-Store Events: If you have an American Girl fan, then they may want to be involved in the FREE American Girl in-store events that include crafts, cooking classes and tours.
Pottery Barn Kids Store Events: FREE kids activities such as National Geographic Little Explorers and more.
Bass Pro Shops Family Summer Camp: Lots of different FREE activities and crafts for the family.Every Tuesday and Thursday starting at noon and Saturday and Sunday starting at noon.
The Whole Kids Club is open to kids ages 3-12. A yearly membership is $10 and includes…
- A coupon for a FREE mini fruit tart when you sign up
- A special treat when you shop on Tuesdays. Show your membership card at the Customer Service desk and receive a healthy snack!
- A discount on our Whole Foods Market Lake Calhoun kids cooking classes!
- And a birthday card and free cupcake coupon from Chef Ani!
To join, request a Whole Kids Club enrollment form at the Customer Service desk. If you have any questions, please contact Chef Ani atAni.Loizzo@wholefoods.com or 612.927.8141. See you in the kitchen!
FREE National Park Days: FREE days below:
- April 22-26
five days during National Park Week
- August 25
National Park Service Birthday
- September 28
National Public Lands Day
- November 9-11
Veterans Day weekend
Geocaching: GEOCACHING is a free real-world outdoor treasure hunt. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using a smartphone or GPS and can then share their experiences online. (Read our Guide to the Game).
Color Crayola Disney Coloring Pages including Disney Cars Maze Coloring Page, Disney Cars Race Coloring Page, Disney Cars Mosaic, Disney Princess Coloring Pages, Disney Toy Story Coloring Page, and the Disney Mickey Mouse Coloring Page.
Play FREE games on the Nickelodeon website!
Here are some ideas that are FREE and easy to do that you may not have thought of!
- Run through the Sprinklers
- Go to the park
- Go on a hike
- Camp in the backyard with a tent
- Go to the zoo
- Bake some treats
- Have a lemonade stand
- Build a fort with blankets
- Make a circus in the backyard or create games to win prizes!
- Go to the library and check out some books
- Let them help you make dinner
- Blow bubbles
- Make Tie Dye shirts
- Play frisbee
- Have a garage sale
- Use PVC pipe (put holes in it) and run the hose through it to make a cool water feature
- Pen Pal with a Soldier – get started here – I LOVE this one!!
- Make a box car
- Have them make their own board game with rules and all!
- Take the dog on a walk
And of course…you can always browse Pinterest for more ideas (be sure to follow Raining Hot Coupons while you’re there)!
Don’t forget to “LIKE” Raining Hot Coupons on Facebook to join over 179,000 other deal lovers and to get all the freebies!
Thanks, Freebie Finding Mom