*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
Homemade Shake n Bake is Easy!
What Makes Homemade Shake n Bake Tasty
Paprika adds a bit of color and smokiness to the finished meat that is delectable. Celery salt and parsley add and earthiness, while sage gives the flavor a homey, comfortable taste. Minced onion and garlic powder brighten the undertones in Homemade Shake n Bake and blend everything together into a fantastic concoction that will make your meat crispy and crunchy! You could even use Homemade Shake n Bake on onion rings for a great addition to your meal! If you like a softer crumb, more “original recipe”, use regular breadcrumbs instead of the panko in Homemade Shake n Bake.
- 1 box Panko bread crumbs
- 1 T paprika
- 1 T celery salt
- 1 t salt
- 1 t ground black pepper
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 t minced onion
- 1/2 t ground sage
- In a gallon sized plastic zippy bag, add all ingredients and shake well to mix.
- To use:
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F or peanut oil to medium-high in a heavy stockpot.
- Coat meat with 1-2 T oil.
- Measure 1 C of Homemade Shake n Bake into another zippy bag. Place the meat in with it and close the top. Give it a good shake or two to coat the meat.
- Place on a plate or baking sheet and continue until all the meat is coated.
- If baking, place on an ungreased baking sheet and bake until the thickest part of the meat is cooked through and no longer pink.
- If frying, place enough meat in the hot oil, carefully, to cover the bottom of the pan in a single layer. Let cook until golden brown and cooked through, time will vary depending on the meat and thickness. Remove to a paper towel covered plate or baking sheet. Continue until all the meat is cooked through.
Storing your Homemade Shake n Bake
The great thing about this recipe is you can make a HUGE batch of it and store it for later use. I will double or triple my batch and seal it in a plastic container. That way I always have some Homemade Shake n Bake on hand for quick and easy meals. What could be simpler?