Green Chili Lime Chicken Enchiladas
*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
We love Mexican inspired dishes and these Green Chili Lime Chicken Enchiladas are one of our favorite meals with it’s mild yet flavorful blend of spices and creamy sauce. This one is a favorite for the kids and adults alike since it is cheesy, creamy and simple to assemble. I prefer to make the chicken mixture ahead in bulk and assemble my enchiladas right before meal time if I am making this into a freezer meal, but others may prefer the easy freezer to oven method of making the enchiladas ahead where you can simply pop directly from your freezer right into your oven.
I will be posting 10 Days of Freezer Meal Recipes and today is Day 2! See moreFreezer Recipes HERE and be sure to read my Easy Tips to Freezer Meal Cooking/Planning post here to get started.
Green Lime Chili Chicken Enchiladas
- 1 Pound Shredded Chicken Breasts
- 12 Medium Flour Tortillas
- 16 oz. Sour Cream
- 3 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 6 Green Onions Chopped
- ½ Cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 1 Can Diced Green Chilis
- Juice & Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese (you can also add mozzarella)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Mix together chicken, green chilis, 1 cup cheese, sour cream, garlic, onions, cilantro, lime and cumin.
- Taste mixture and add salt & pepper as desired (I typically add 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of each but some prefer a bit less or more)
- Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of chicken mixture into center of each tortilla.
- Top with sprinkle of shredded cheese (make sure to reserve ½ cup for top of enchiladas)
- Roll tortilla and place seam side down in casserole dish
- Sprinkle tops with remaining shredded cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes
These Green Chili Lime Chicken Enchiladas are one of our favorite easy meals to throw together. If you prefer a no fuss easy weeknight meal, mix together this chicken filling and assemble enchiladas in a disposable aluminum pan and freeze for up to 4 months. Label appropriately and pop straight from freezer to oven to cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour or until cooked through and cheese melted. So simple, so tasty and sophisticated enough to serve to guests at your next dinner party.
This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read our Disclosure Policy.