*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
Aren’t these Santa Cookies just so adorable?! Guess what I use to make the shape? Just a good ol’ heart cookie cutter (you can get a set of 3 HERE for just $2.59 + FREE shipping!). Then, you just turn them upside down and it makes for the perfect beard and santa hat! These are really fun to make with the kids and they taste delicious too. Enjoy!
Santa Sugar Cookies
(Yield about 24 cookies)
- 3 cup Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Milk
- 3 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 3 tbsp Corn Syrup
- Red Food Coloring
- 24 Red M&M Minis
- 48 candy Eyes
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add egg and milk and continue beating on low.
- Slowly add flour, and beat until mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Divide the dough in half.
- wrap each in waxed paper and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dust work area and rolling pin with powdered sugar.
- Roll out dough to 1/4″ thick.
- Cut into heart shapes and place on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes or until edges are beginning to brown.
- Leave on sheet for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack to finish cooling.
- Mix powdered sugar, milk and corn syrup in a bowl until smooth.
- Divide icing in half and color one half with red food coloring.
- Transfer each color to piping bag or zippered bag to pipe onto cookies.
- Turn heart upside down.
- Pipe red on top to make hat.
- Pipe White around bottom to make beard.
- Use white icing to glue down a red M&M for the nose and the two candy eyes.
- Allow that to dry for 10 minutes.
- Pipe red mouth between beard and moustache.
- Pipe a white band at bottom of hat and white ball at the top.
- Allow to sit for at least an hour for icing to get hard.