*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
You can REPIN it here!
Follow me on Pinterest:
- Turkey, chicken, or other large fowl
- 1-2 cups Butter flavored Crisco (enough to cover the bird thickly)
- 1/4-1/2 cup sage leaves washed and dried
- salt and pepper
- Wash the bird inside and out with cold water. Salt the inside of the bird and stuff with your favorite stuffing or leave empty and dry the outside with paper towels. Place in your roasting pan.
- Chop the sage into small bits. Mix with the Crisco and add salt and pepper to your tastes.
- Cover the bird completely, paying special attention to the legs and wings, and evenly coating the breast.
- Cover with several layers of aluminum foil, sealing well around the edges. Place in the oven and back at 325 degrees. Bake 30 minutes for every pound of bird, testing with a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature of the breast is at least 165 degrees.
- Remove foil, turn up the oven to 425 degrees, and brown the skin of the bird to a golden brown.
While your bird is cooking, you’ll have time to enjoy family and friends, and not worry about dinner. Have a great meal!This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content, read our Disclosure Policy.