*Get more recipes from Raining Hot Coupons here*
“PIN IT” If you like it (by clicking the button below)…
Follow me on Pinterest:
Taste of Heaven Cake Makes an Amazingly Quick Dessert
Spring is a great time to bring out the fresh, light desserts that herald in the summer. And what better way to do it than with a Taste of Heaven Cake? It’s an impossibly simple dessert that you can make in a flash and wow event he pickiest of guests. With ingredients that you can purchase at the store, this ready to assemble dessert will top your list of go-tos when you need dessert for any party. The best part is you’ll have a beautiful cake in about 10 minutes, from start to finish! How many cakes can say that? Taste of Heaven Cake can!
Meld Spring Flavors with Taste of Heaven Cake
Strawberries are everywhere in the supermarkets right now, so it’s a great time to incorporate them in desserts. Every day is a good day for creamy Cool-Whip, so it’s a natural in so many desserts and makes a creamy addition to Taste of Heaven Cake. The delightful part of Taste of Heaven Cake is the angel food cake which can be found in most bakery sections of the grocery store. Put the three together, and you have an amazing dessert. Add a little cocoa powder, and it’s heavenly.
- 1 angel food cake
- 1 large container Cool-Whip
- 1 lb strawberries (or more!), cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 T cocoa powder
- Cut the top of the angel food cake off in a disk, about 1/4 of the way down. Carefully set it aside.
- With a sharp tipped knife, cut a trench, 1/4 of the way in from the outer and inner walls, and about 1/4 of the way from the bottom. Pull out the extra cake and set it aside.
- In a bowl, place half of the Cool-Whip. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
- Add in half the strawberries and mix well.
- Fill the trench in the cake with the chocolate Cool-Whip.
- Replace the top of the angel food cake carefully, matching up the cuts.
- Frost with the remaining plain Cool-Whip.
- When serving, serve with the remaining strawberries.
- This cake does need to be refrigerated.
Taste of Heaven Cake has so Many Options
Depending on the fruit that’s in season, you can change this up to include raspberries, blueberries, or even blackberries are wonderful with this in the spring and summer. In winter, I’m known to use mandarin oranges, drained, and white chocolate pudding mix instead of cocoa powder. I’ve even filled it with the chocolate filling, dotted with coconut and chopped hazelnuts, then sprinkled extra coconut and hazelnuts over the top. It’s a beautiful dessert that puts smiles on your family.
1 angel food cake
1 large container Cool-Whip
1 lb strawberries (or more!), cleaned and cut into quarters
1 T cocoa powder
Cut the top of the angel food cake off in a disk, about 1/4 of the way down. Carefully set it aside.
In a bowl, place half of the Cool-Whip. Add the cocoa powder and mix well.
Add in half the strawberries and mix well.
Fill the trench in the cake with the chocolate Cool-Whip.
Replace the top of the angel food cake carefully, matching up the cuts.
Frost with the remaining plain Cool-Whip.
When serving, serve with the remaining strawberries.
This cake does need to be refrigerated.
Grab some angel food cake, fruit, and Cool-Whip and whip up a Taste of Heaven Cake!