*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
When I think of freezer meals I automatically go back to all the great casseroles my mom made when I was a kid and Tater Tot Casserole was one of the most commonly made meals in our home. This version of the classic dish is a simple and satisfying meal the entire family will love. Make ahead and freeze for easy freezer to oven meals or serve same day for a hearty meal your kids will be begging you to make more often. I love this dish because it takes advantage of a lot of items I already pick up for cheap or free using coupons.
This yummy Tater Tot Casserole is one of our favorite freezer meals because it is so easy to mix up a double or triple batch of the meat mixture and layer with tater tots in disposable aluminum pans for freezing and simple reheating. If you freeze this meal for future use, make sure to label appropriately. If stored in an aluminum pan cover with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to seal properly and label well. This meal lasts for up to 4 months in the freezer. To heat, simply remove plastic wrap/foil/lid and place in oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I will be posting 10 Days of Freezer Meal Recipes and today is Day 4! See more Freezer Recipes HERE and be sure to read my Easy Tips to Freezer Meal Cooking/Planning post here to get started.
Tater Tot Casserole
- 1 Large Bag Tater Tots
- 1 Pound Ground Meat (we use turkey but you can use beef if you prefer)
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar
- 1 Can Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Bell Pepper Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teasppon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Salt (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil and cook onion and bell pepper for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Add ground meat and cook until browned and no longer pink.
- Mix in cream soup, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, black pepper and half of salt cooking for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour meat mixture into bottom of 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle half of cheese on top of meat mixture.
- Place tater tots in even layer over meat mixture. (Great for kids to help with)
- Sprinkle the top with remaining salt and cover with remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbling and cheese is melted.