*Get more RECIPES from Raining Hot Coupons here*
*Pin it* by clicking the PIN button on the image above!
If you’re looking for a delicious cake recipe then I have a super yummy recipe for all of you! This Texas Sheet Cake is full of flavor and will surely impress your guests. It’s got chocolate, butter, peanut butter, powdered sugar and more. It’s much more than just a normal cake. The topping has peanut butter which makes it creamy and decadent. Enjoy!
Texas Sheet Cake
- 2 cup Flour
- 2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter
- 4 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup boiling Water
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk or 1/2 cup Milk + 1 tsp Vinegar
- 2 beaten Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup softened Butter
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 cup Powdered Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray an 15×10 sheet cake pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Melt butter over low heat in a medium pan.
- Whisk cocoa powder into butter until blended.
- Add boiling water and raise heat to medium high.
- Bring to boil then turn off the heat.
- Add mixture to flour mixture, and stir lightly until well distributed.
- If you don’t have buttermilk combine 1/2 cup milk with vinegar and allow to sit for 5 minutes
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, baking soda, and vanilla.
- Add to chocolate mixture and stir briefly to mix.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for at least an hour
- Cream together the butter and peanut butter.
- Slowly adding in the sugar, it gets too thick then adding a little milk to thin.
- Continue until all of the sugar is in and the frosting blended and right consistency.
- Spread frosting all over the top of the cake.