Today’s topic: My weekly coupon shopping trip schedule!
I’ve shown all of you my daily schedule and what my life is like from sun up to sun down but I wanted to explain my “Coupon Schedule” so you can get some nifty ideas and compare your plans. =) I have to say, I do go out almost every Sunday to get good deals but there are DEFINITELY some Sunday’s I do not go out because I just didn’t feel like it (and this is most likely because there weren’t any deals that struck me wild).
- Saturday evening– Check out my coupon matched lists and figure out what deals I cannot resist. Sometimes this means going to just one store or sometimes even 2-3. I shop at Walgreens, Rite Aid, Target, Albertsons and sometimes Smiths and Walmart. It’s been awhile since I’ve been to every single store in one Sunday’s trip….that can be a lot of work but the deals I come home with can be amazing!
During the Saturday evening, I also get all my coupons ready and my list (along with my list of what separate transactions may need to be done). This is mainly so I can assure I am getting all my Register Rewards and spending less out of pocket.
- Sunday – I am ready to get my coupon on! I will stop by The Dollar Store (Dollar Tree) and pick up my newspapers. Sometimes I just don’t want to get up that early (you need to be there when they open or they disappear fast) so I just get them from Walgreens with Register rewards.
I will sometimes sit in my car and clip any coupons I may need for my trip. This is never too tedious because you will find that the sales for those items will mostly be in following weeks.
- I then head to my stores, do my shopping and come home.
- When I get home I unload and organize the items I got and relax.
- I like to organize my inserts later that night when we are watching TV or the kids are in bed. It doesn’t take me long at all since I started organizing the full inserts.
Now it’s your turn….what is YOUR coupon shopping trip schedule?!