You may not have known this but there are actually a TON of different things you can do with Vinegar from cooking and cleaning to first aid and gardening! Since vinegar is so inexpensive, this is a great way to save money!
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Pin it below:
Follow me on Pinterest
- Poach eggs – add some vinegar to help them keep their shape
- Tenderizing meat – Add a little to marinades to help make the meat soft
- Sticky pasta – add 1/4 teaspoon to a pot of boiling pasta water to help the pasta not be so sticky
- Onion odors – rub vinegar on your hands after handling onion to get rid of the smell
- Chocolate Cake moisture – add a teaspoon to a box of chocolate cake mix to add moisture
- Too much salt – add a little vinegar to mask the salt
- Perk up canned sauce or soup – add a little vinegar!
- Rice – add a teaspoon of white distilled vinegar to boiling water to make the rice taste great
- Keep eggs from cracking – add a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar to boiling water
- Basic vinaigrette salad dressing – use 1 part white distilled vinegar to 4 parts oil
- Shiny Coat - Spray dog, cat, horse with 1 cup white distilled vinegar to 1 quart water.
- Clean their ears – wipe out the ears with a cotton dipped in vinegar
- Spray an area to keep the animal from spraying, or doing their bathroom business in a spot (always test spot first).
- Water lines or Calcium build up on water bowls – wipe them down or let them soak in white distilled vinegar (some need to set overnight) and then rinse well.
- Bye Bye Flies – spray any area outside where the animal goes to the bathroom to get rid of flies
- Kill Fleas – add a little to their water every day
- Healthy animal (use apple cider vingar with the “Mother” in their water every day) this is great for their health and bad breath
- Remove Cat litter odor – let vinegar sit in cat litter box then rinse out
- Cat fights – spray them with vinegar water while they are fighting
- Spray the leaves of plants with vinegar to prevent cats from chewing on them.
- Cleaning solution – add 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Then slowly add white distilled vinegar to make a thick creamy texture.
- Deodorize a drain – Use 1 cup baking soda, and one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Wait 10 minutes and rinse with hot water
- Clean out fridge with vinegar and water solution
- Remove dors from dishwasher – use 2 cups white distilled vinegar inside an empty dishwasher and run cycle.
- Clean counters with a cloth soaked in vinegar
- Keep marks off glass – spray with white distilled vinegar and rinse with hot water then dry
- Clean smelly and stained plastic food containers with vinegar
- Lunch box odors – put a slice of bread that has been soaked in white distilled vinegar and leave overnight then remove and rinse the lunch box.
- Clean the grill with half vinegar and half water before cleaning
- Easily remove a label, price tag, sticker, etc – use a cloth soaked in white distilled vinegar, leave on until sticker slides right off.
- Clean mirrors with it
- Use as a steam iron cleaner
- Wash walls with vinegar
- Clean paintbrushes with vinegar
- Use to clean tea pot
- Clean microwave – remove splattered food and deodorize, boil a mixture of 1/4 cup vinegar and and one cup water inside the microwave for 1-2 minutes then clean out.
- Toilet cleaner - Pour 1 cup of white vinegar in the toilet bowl, let it stand for 5 minutes and then flush it.
- Deodorize room – spray 50/50 vinegar water mixture in the air in a stinky room
- Smoke off clothes - Pour 1 cup of vinegar in a hot water tub then hang clothes above steam
- Take stains out of clothes – Remove perspiration stains from clothes by applying one part vinegar and four parts water on the spot, rub and then rinse.
- Brighten fabrics – when clothes is in the rinse cycle add half a cup of vinegar.
- Remove grease from suede – dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over the grease.
- Fabric softener – 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water in your fabric softener dispenser.
- Mustard stain – dab with vinegar before washing
- Prevent clothes from clinging – add 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle.
- Forget about clothes?! - Pour 3 cups of white distilled vinegar in the machine and wash the clothes in hot water after that run a normal cycle with laundry detergent. Will get moldy smell out.
- Get rid of musky smells from cotton clothes – sprinkle with white distilled vinegar and then press them.
- Remove soap residue on clothes by using white distilled vinegar in the final rinse.
- Remove stains on clothing aby soaking in equal parts milk and white distilled vinegar.
- Patent leather shoes and bags more shine – wipe down with a little vinegar.
Thanks, Vinegar Tips