You may not have known this but there are actually a TON of different things you can do with Vinegar from cooking and cleaning to first aid and gardening! Since vinegar is so inexpensive, this is a great way to save money!
*Get more FRUGAL Articles, tips and tricks from Raining Hot Coupons here*
Follow me on Pinterest
- Poach eggs – add some vinegar to help them keep their shape
- Tenderizing meat – Add a little to marinades to help make the meat soft
- Sticky pasta – add 1/4 teaspoon to a pot of boiling pasta water to help the pasta not be so sticky
- Onion odors – rub vinegar on your hands after handling onion to get rid of the smell
- Chocolate Cake moisture – add a teaspoon to a box of chocolate cake mix to add moisture
- Too much salt – add a little vinegar to mask the salt
- Perk up canned sauce or soup – add a little vinegar!
- Rice – add a teaspoon of white distilled vinegar to boiling water to make the rice taste great
- Keep eggs from cracking – add a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar to boiling water
- Basic vinaigrette salad dressing – use 1 part white distilled vinegar to 4 parts oil
- Shiny Coat – Spray dog, cat, horse with 1 cup white distilled vinegar to 1 quart water.
- Clean their ears – wipe out the ears with a cotton dipped in vinegar
- Spray an area to keep the animal from spraying, or doing their bathroom business in a spot (always test spot first).
- Water lines or Calcium build up on water bowls – wipe them down or let them soak in white distilled vinegar (some need to set overnight) and then rinse well.
- Bye Bye Flies – spray any area outside where the animal goes to the bathroom to get rid of flies
- Kill Fleas – add a little to their water every day
- Healthy animal (use apple cider vingar with the “Mother” in their water every day) this is great for their health and bad breath
- Remove Cat litter odor – let vinegar sit in cat litter box then rinse out
- Cat fights – spray them with vinegar water while they are fighting
- Spray the leaves of plants with vinegar to prevent cats from chewing on them.
- Cleaning solution – add 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Then slowly add white distilled vinegar to make a thick creamy texture.
- Deodorize a drain – Use 1 cup baking soda, and one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Wait 10 minutes and rinse with hot water
- Clean out fridge with vinegar and water solution
- Remove dors from dishwasher – use 2 cups white distilled vinegar inside an empty dishwasher and run cycle.
- Clean counters with a cloth soaked in vinegar
- Keep marks off glass – spray with white distilled vinegar and rinse with hot water then dry
- Clean smelly and stained plastic food containers with vinegar
- Lunch box odors – put a slice of bread that has been soaked in white distilled vinegar and leave overnight then remove and rinse the lunch box.
- Clean the grill with half vinegar and half water before cleaning
- Easily remove a label, price tag, sticker, etc – use a cloth soaked in white distilled vinegar, leave on until sticker slides right off.
- Clean mirrors with it
- Use as a steam iron cleaner
- Wash walls with vinegar
- Clean paintbrushes with vinegar
- Use to clean tea pot
- Clean microwave – remove splattered food and deodorize, boil a mixture of 1/4 cup vinegar and and one cup water inside the microwave for 1-2 minutes then clean out.
- Toilet cleaner – Pour 1 cup of white vinegar in the toilet bowl, let it stand for 5 minutes and then flush it.
- Deodorize room – spray 50/50 vinegar water mixture in the air in a stinky room
- Smoke off clothes – Pour 1 cup of vinegar in a hot water tub then hang clothes above steam
- Take stains out of clothes – Remove perspiration stains from clothes by applying one part vinegar and four parts water on the spot, rub and then rinse.
- Brighten fabrics – when clothes is in the rinse cycle add half a cup of vinegar.
- Remove grease from suede – dip a toothbrush in vinegar and gently brush over the grease.
- Fabric softener – 1 part vinegar and 2 parts water in your fabric softener dispenser.
- Mustard stain – dab with vinegar before washing
- Prevent clothes from clinging – add 1/2 cup white distilled vinegar to the wash cycle.
- Forget about clothes?! – Pour 3 cups of white distilled vinegar in the machine and wash the clothes in hot water after that run a normal cycle with laundry detergent. Will get moldy smell out.
- Get rid of musky smells from cotton clothes – sprinkle with white distilled vinegar and then press them.
- Remove soap residue on clothes by using white distilled vinegar in the final rinse.
- Remove stains on clothing aby soaking in equal parts milk and white distilled vinegar.
- Patent leather shoes and bags more shine – wipe down with a little vinegar.
Thanks, Vinegar Tips
I liked this saysSeptember 10, 2013 at 9:42 pm
It’s difficult to find educated people about this subject, but
you sound like you know what you’re talking about!
Chasity saysOctober 13, 2013 at 8:46 am
On the pet tip to get rid of fleas, how much would you suggest to put into their water?
http://mauriciobvcx.mylivepage.com/blog/2185/7607_Useful_Tips_To_Help_Your_Home_Look_Its_Best saysNovember 19, 2013 at 3:56 am
You may be forced to choose between working a job you hate to stay, or moving
away to find edifying employment. Some people will pledge purely for the satisfaction of knowing that they helped a valuable product
or service see the market and help other people.
Small entrepreneurs, who do not have collateral to
offer, find unsecured small business loans as an alternative, which help them expand their
business to new horizons.
East London Florist South Africa saysFebruary 1, 2014 at 10:33 am
Nice replies in return of this question with solid arguments and telling all regarding that.
sydneyhousepainters.weebly.com saysFebruary 14, 2014 at 1:27 am
Make sure to hire a pairing contractor who has been
iin business for at least two to three years and can provide references for the
entire time he has been in operation. One of the advantages of
contracting Dallas house painters is the prices they charge.
All bare surfaces require a primer; previously painted surfaces usually do not require primer.
guitars online saysFebruary 20, 2014 at 10:38 pm
Moreover, this instrument has become a basic instrument in
composing music, songs and other musical activities.
Electronic manipulation can also be done on the tone using an amplifier.
When you play a guitar sound with thhe Operator, it is mimicking an FM synth mimicking a guitar,
rather than just thee sound of an actual guitar.
about-mortgage-brokers.weebly.com saysFebruary 27, 2014 at 5:35 pm
Grove found a loop-hole to get peoplle into hoomes at reasonable prices and homeowners who can’t afford payments out of
their homes, a sort of win-win but people shouldd
read the posts on the Internet about the AMPS being a scam or fraudulent.
If you have been unable to make payments on your home equity
loan or second mortgage for several months, then the lender
can decide to charge-off the loan. Everyone has at one time
or another dreamt of having his or her dream house.
plumber In melbourne saysMarch 4, 2014 at 3:05 pm
My brother suggested I might like this web site. He used to be entirely right.
This post actually madde my day. Youu can not believe simply how
much time I had spent for this information! Thank you!
Jessica saysApril 3, 2014 at 8:06 am
I started reading this article especially for the cleaning tips which are great and money saving, it turned out that all the others are good too. Thank you for writing it!!!
Ramona Lambert saysMarch 12, 2015 at 8:23 am
Wow! So incredible cleaning tips with vinegar! I should say that I don’t like the common toxic cleaners and that is why i prefer to use natural products like the vinegar. Thanks a lot for the amazing article!East Ham Carpet Cleaners Ltd.
Zooey Brown saysMarch 23, 2015 at 7:23 am
This is something completely new! I had no idea that I can use vinegar in so many different ways! I love to learn new things and I definitely learned something special about the natural cleaning! Thanks you!
motswana benifield saysNovember 20, 2015 at 6:16 am
Wao its so amaizing how vinegar can be so useful in a lot of things thanks a million times coz its cheap to use it